Sunday, May 10, 2009

=)

God is so good. I am so grateful for his work in my life. He has really been stretching me this semester, and as it has FLOWN by I have really been able to see His hand more clearly than ever before.

Right now I'm going through a huge putting-to-proof stage. I am really needy, financially, right now, and I am so having to trust God. I tithed this morning, even though I don't technically have the money to be tithing...... :\ I admit I struggle with being afraid that He's going to drop me and leave me here, and then I'll be sitting here looking like a poor fool for trusting that God was going to provide for me, and he didn't. I know he will, but the Tempter knows just where to 'press my button' and it is a struggle to fight him off. So often I don't realize where it is him.

I have been also struggling with staying in the Word lately, which isn't helping. The less truth I am absorbing, the easier it is to become blind to the lies.

- So, I was writing all that and talking to a friend, and I felt Jesus calling me to go spend some time with him. So, I ended my convos and grabbed my Bible and ran out to my happy place, which is where I always go to meet Jesus. My siblings aren't allowed to come down there and bother me. It's a really neat place, actually. Back in Winter 07 I was spending a lot of time teaching the kids and taking care of the house. It was pretty tough, and at times I just needed to get AWAY from the kids, or things would get ugly. There were three trees in the old dog pen, and someone had started building a tree house there, so I had Nicholas help me (Actually, I helped him ;] ) build a little 'happy place'. I have a triangular platform with rails on two of the sides, a good ways up in the tree...I guess about 6ish feet up in the tree. Just high enough, and not too high. Then I have a swing. =)
Anyway, so I ran out there and spent some time reading my Bible, and praying. Then I just spent some time being still and at peace (which is a big deal for me. =P I've not had much be still/peace time lately, which is my own fault).

I've spent a lot of time praying these past few days, which has been super refreshing. I love investing in my friends by praying for them. It's so cool! And I just love communing with God.

Anyway. God is good, life is stretching me, and I am ready for summer and to see what God is about to do!
<3
Laura

1 comment:

Believer In Christ said...

keep trusting in the Lord. It is good you see your need to draw closer to Him and to grow deeper in His Word. Seeing and admitting there is a problem is always the best first step toward getting closer to the Lord. May you know Him more and more as you grow closer to Him. I am sorry if I have been a cause, but you have been wise to get off to spend more time with Him. Makes me want to get more deeper than I am as well. :) Thank you for being a constant encouragement for me to follow after God more. Keep living for Him and serving Him faithfully. God bless you, L.A.

B.I.C.