Friday, October 2, 2009

I went to the most amazing spiritual boot camp this summer, and learned heaps upon heaps of amazing truths. I was sent home with notes of my own, and notes that I had not even read yet! My mind was absolutely full of good scripture, and I had memorized plenty by the end of my three weeks of camp. It's amazing how much you can memorize. One of the things they asked us, point blank, was, "When you go home, and it's not a requirement, are you gonna keep it up?" I wanted to, and I have a scripture memory book just for it! It's a beautiful little blank book my friend sent me. I worked on it halfheartedly when I got home, and then I quit putting it in priority, and I haven't been doing scripture memory in awhile.
I had a routine going for about two weeks ,but then we started moving, and things have been crazy ever since. I don't know what it is, but when I don't have a routine I stop putting God first. This is something I really must conquer.....I live a day or two by His strength, and then I go to sleep and default back to my own strength without even realizing it (maybe it is because I don't take the time each day to humble myself before God and ask for grace to live by His strength to accomplish His will).
While I was at camp I took all my scripture verses on my colored index cards with me, to put up on my bed. I didn't get them back up on my wall once I got home, especially with the move and everything. This weekend it is top priority on my list to get them back up, because I have REALLY needed them, and the way I think about myself has started sliding back into what it used to be. I guess I have found out the reality of the fact that when you're not constantly surrounded by and immersed in scripture you don't change, or you revert back if you have changed. Matt Collier said, "Without serious decision and commitment to be constantly exposed to God's Word I can have no lasting change." and he wasn't kidding.
I'm doing lots of praying these days. God has been doing lots of answering prayers, too. It feels so good to humble myself in his sight and say, "Daddy, help! I need this! Please, please, would you supply it for me?" As much as God is answering so many of my prayers I'm still afraid of being let down........, but I'm still holding on, too.
God is good, and life goes on, and I'm going to see my Jojo in person FINALLY very very soon. There's something about dreams coming true that makes me laugh out loud....=D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder!

Email when you get a chance.

Luv ya!!

Rosalie said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing pretty well! I miss seeing y'all! I hope you've settled in well at your new home.

JG said...

I hope you're well, friend.