Friday, November 13, 2009

Beautiful Savior

Jesus is such a beautiful savior. Our God is so almighty and the earth is truly filled with his glory. Even though the world glorifies Satan and sin, the beauty of creation will always glorify God.
I took my brother to school today, and had time to kill before choir practice. I spent a blissful hour and a half sitting on the back of my car directly facing the setting sun, drinking it in. I pulled out my CIT book of notes and started reading them aloud. I realized today that it is very important for me to read things aloud. Speaking it and hearing it while I am reading it give me such a better level of comprehension. So, I read aloud. I was so very convicted of how I've spent the last few months pretending to be close to God. I read a statement I had written, "That I may know Him - this is the greatest goal of my life.", and realized that I have not been true to that goal. I have spent more time pursuing friends than my sweet savior. How could I? But I did. And I will again in the future. No matter, what's done is done, I will strive to do better, and with the help of my dear savior, each time I fall he will help me back up and further on down this narrow path he is leading me on. It was such a beautiful time. I am so grateful for Jesus...for everything about him.

No comments: