Monday, November 16, 2009

=D

You know, I'm just not any good at posting every day. Good thing I am good at making up when I forget! I have 3 thankfuls today. Saturday, Sunday, and today.

I have some amazing grandparents. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but they love me. They let me go over to their house pretty much whenever I feel like it. They let me eat their food, and sleep in their bed. They don't even mind if I leave a little mess, once in awhile. I am so grateful for them! <3

I also have an amazing church. I am infinitely grateful for it! I've never been to a place like this before. I have the opportunity to serve, and be served. I'm part of a family there. There are people who have become like family to me. Ladies who take time to mentor me, friends who take time to love me..... My choirs are FANTASTIC. This is our second Christmas with Tyler and Janson, and they have really done a lot for the music at Belmont. The music ministries have blossomed under their care. =) It has also been encouraging to watch THEM grow in Christ as they lead us.

Today I am thankful for my sister, Caiti. She wrote a hilarious blog post about a game my siblings and I used to play as children, based on a NatGeo documentary. Caiti has such a different perspective on life than I do, and it shocks me sometimes. We are pretty different, but I love her to death. She is amazing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What if you and I went for a walk out in the rain
And you turned to me and you said you’d like to share Just a little of your pain
Well my brother I thought you’d never say
I’ve been waiting forever for this day




What if you were to call me up and ask
For a minute of my time’
And you cried and said you were different from the rest
Like it was some kind of crime
Well my sister I hoped that you might come
And I promise that you are not the only one
 


Look me in the eye and tell me honestly
What ever lies behind your broken heart
Is too complex for me
Come and talk to me if for only for a while
I am reaching for you



What if you were to tell me you were through
With the way that you live
Cause you take so much from an empty world outside
You've got nothing left to give
Well my brother I’ve felt the same way too
But someone changed me and He’s got his eye on you



What if you remembered who you were
Before people broke you down
And you realized you were someones little girl
And he loves when you’re around
We'll my sister, your dad has seen you hurt
And He’s waiting for you with open arms




Nothing hurts Him more than seeing you in pain
Just to see you come so close to Him
And turn and walk away
Hide yourself in Him, He will make you brand new
He is reaching out for you
Your God is reaching out for you
He's reaching out for you 


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have been getting back into doing some deeper devotions this past week, and actually DOING them. It is SO easy not to. I was thinking, like I do a lot, and my train of thought was going all over the place. I eventually ended up thinking about a set of tapes a dear lady gave me. In the tapes she talked about how important it is for girls to protect the purity of their brothers in Christ, instead of being a stumbling block to them in dress or conversation. She talked about being the kind of girl that is respected by her guy friends, and makes them want to be more like Christ. In my "growing-up" as a Christian since then, it has been one of my  unspoken goals to be that girl. I wonder if I have achieved my goal?

On a lighter note, I'm hungry.......
=P

<3 Laura

No comments: