Monday, November 2, 2009

Thankful in November - the 1st and 2nd

So, friendies, I am going to try and post something I am grateful for every day of November.
I was very uber tired yesterday, so I did not post, but I'll make it up today.

1 - I am SO THANKFUL for my bed.
I just got home from VA, and I was so tired Sunday that I actually came home from church. I took a nap in my bed. It was wonderful to be back in my own bed. *happiness*

2 - I am grateful for God's grace in my life - the power and ability to do right.
We're having some difficult situations with my Granddad, and he's moving upstairs. He's taking my room. My somewhat ugly, but very nice room. My room with a closet, my room with two windows, my room with nice carpet, my room next to a wonderful bathroom. My warm room, my room that feels connected to the rest of the house, my clean room.

I'm moving downstairs into his room. His dirty, smelly, cold room with no windows, flat, hard carpet. I got up this morning to this dilemma first thing. My mom said either we could move around 4 bedrooms upstairs, or we could move 2 rooms, that being moving Pawpaw upstairs, and my sister and me downstairs. I didn't want to, and don't like it, but its best for everyone except for me and my sister that we move downstairs. So, I did it. Once I realized what I was doing I stopped and went to the bathroom for just a second, prayed, and shed a few tears. It's hard, going against my flesh. God extended his grace, though, and I accepted, and together, we got things done.



I had to clean a lot of Pawpaw's things. They are disgusting. He dips snuff, and wets his bed. I am pretty sure he relieved himself in a corner of his bedroom downstairs at some point. All of his furniture was covered in a layer of grease and dirt, but it is clean now. I steam cleaned some of the carpet in the bedroom downstairs that is now mine.

I have to figure out how to put all of the furniture in my new room, and sometime this week we're going to put up some shelves and install a new ceiling fan. Eventually we're going to paint it a lighter color. It's kind of dark and dingy right now. 

God is good, and I am tired!
<3

No comments: