Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just a walk, but now I'm changed.

I took a walk today. I wanted help. I wanted healing, and I wanted to forgive.
You see, earlier, all the anger and hurt I was pushing back came welling up inside of me with a force that overwhelmed me. I wanted to forgive, and I didnt want the anger I could feel poisoning me. I couldn't help it though. I had been wronged, again and again and again. I had forgiven, again and again and again, and now I was facing a frustrating situation which, while not very important, made me realize just how upset I was. Abandoned, I was now helpess to fix my problem. A problem that could wait for a solution, but presented me with a terrible thought. What if it had been a much bigger problem? What if it had been life changing? No matter the problem, the one who was supposed to protect me and care for me was gone, wasting time and money on things that do not matter. Unprotected and uncared for, there I stood, trying to fight for myself, for those I love, and for the one leaving us vulnerable.
I was helpless to put away my anger. I was powerless to forgive. I couldn't do it on my own. So I took a walk. I cried out to the One who will never leave me. I gave Him my anger and asked Him to wash me clean. I asked for help so I could forgive and love again. The One who is eternally faithful heard my cries, took my heart, and made me clean. He forgave my sin, washed it away, and gave me His strength so that I could forgive.
I took a walk today, down my best friend's driveway. And when I came back, I was changed.

1 comment:

Amber Noella said...

This is such a life changing story. God Bless,
Amber